05 Jul Is Shopify a Good Investment
Choosing an ecommerce platform for your online business can be one of the toughest decisions an entrepreneur has to make. If this choice is made hastily, without the right information, you risk investing time and money into a platform that does not meet your needs. The costs associated with choosing the wrong ecommerce platform can significantly impact the success and longevity of your business.
Shopify is an established ecommerce system that is hosted and maintained by Shopify’s expert staff. Here are just a few of the reasons that make Shopify one of the most popular ecommerce system in the world:
1. Easy to build with
From deciding what hosting service to use, to importing products from existing storefronts, starting an online store comes with many challenges that many entrepreneurs aren’t expecting. Luckily, hosted ecommerce platforms like Shopify offer a turnkey solution that removes many of these early stage barriers.
- The opportunity to start selling quicker. Hosted platforms offer a simplified store setup process and easy day-to-day management, through robust content management systems (CMS) that are uncommon when compared to their open-source counterparts.
- An all-in-one commerce solution. You’ll receive native hosting, shopping cart functionality, and sales channel integrations with no additional fees or integrations. This can save significant time and financial investment that would otherwise exist with open source platforms.
2. Ready for optimization
Store optimization is not only part of the launch phase, but is also an ongoing requirement for many online business owners. Shopify offers several advantages for optimization compared to open-source options, including these key benefits:
- Easy access to extensions. Easily build the store of your dreams with the functionality you need, through robust third-party apps and integrations.
- An ever-evolving product. Hosted platforms, like Shopify, host hundreds of thousands of stores, so they regularly are pushing new improvements to ensure all sites are built with industry-leading best practices.
3. Simplified store maintenance
Hosted platforms simplify store maintenance, so that entrepreneurs can focus on what really matters — running and growing your online businesses.
In general, most hosted ecommerce platforms offer merchants:
- An army behind your business. Going hosted means you get access to 24/7 technical support and ongoing platform maintenance to reduce downtime, and keep your business running smoothly.
- Industry-leading security. Hosted platforms look after SSL certification, security patches, and more, to ensure you can rest easy knowing your business and customers are secure.
The FTC’s policy update requires that we be transparent about all affiliate relations we may have in this website. You, the visitor or customer, should assume that any and all links in the blog posts of this website are affiliate links.
If you utilize these links and visit the resulting site, a cookie may be set in your web browser that will cause us to receive compensation if you make a purchase.
Century Seven participates in the Shopify Affiliate Program, an affiliate advertising program that allows sites to earn revenue by advertising and linking to shopify.com for purposes of establishing an ecommerce website.